Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ahiemstra
Helper I
Helper I

Display Selected Fiscal Years on Chart within Groups

There may be a simple solution for what I’m trying to do however I’m coming up empty.

I have a dataset which is structured like this:

DateTeamProgram
01-Apr-2021Team CMindfulness for Anxiety and Depression
01-Apr-2021Team AMindfulness for Stress
03-Apr-2021Team DMindful Eating: Exploring the 'Whys' of Eating
04-Apr-2021Team CMindful Eating: Exploring the 'Whys' of Eating
05-Apr-2021Team DMindful Eating: Exploring the 'Whys' of Eating

Each row represents a referral.

I would like to create a bar chart which displays the count of referrals by team for each fiscal year selected in a slicer. In my sample report, you can see on Page 1, the chart has the various teams along the x-axis and the y-axis is displaying a sum of referrals for all fiscal years selected in the slicer. This was where I started.

On Page 2, I have the fiscal years along the x-axis and the referrals by team on the y-axis.

Essentially, I want to ‘take parts’ of each and create a chart which looks like this:

ahiemstra_0-1713447349506.png

Teams plotted on the x-axis and the sum of referrals for each team for each fiscal year selected in the slicer plotted on the y-axis.

Also, ideally, the chart would be dynamic such that if I were to deselect one of the fiscal years in the slicer, the chart would update to only show those selected. For example, if I deselected 2021/22, the chart would update to look like this:

ahiemstra_1-1713447406303.png

Is what I’m looking for possible?

Sample pbix file can be found here: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/02c25e090/7shjyrmk-s6w6etj9-ay8wnch9-hwy4nhjz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
samratpbi
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

you can use the fiscal year column your in Legends section of your visual. Below is the result when I used it. Also change the column chart type to Clustered Column chart, instead of Stacked.

samratpbi_0-1713448882548.png

If this resolves your problem, then please mark it as solution, Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
samratpbi
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi,

you can use the fiscal year column your in Legends section of your visual. Below is the result when I used it. Also change the column chart type to Clustered Column chart, instead of Stacked.

samratpbi_0-1713448882548.png

If this resolves your problem, then please mark it as solution, Thanks!

That worked perfectly - thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.