Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Difference in data count

Hello! I'm having a problem with the outcome of a query. I have an excel file in which when applying a column filter it throws me as a result 62. In power bi in the data section, when applying the same filters in the columns it also throws me 62, the problem is when I take it to the panel and apply a count I show it as a card, it throws me 60.

When doing the same but filtered by other areas, in some it shows me the correct value, in others the same thing happens that the total data is not shown. Even when I remove the filter it throws me the total data that matches the excel. I do not know what the cause may be, I appreciate if you can tell me if there is something that I am not contemplating.

Nuvain19_0-1667830983169.pngNuvain19_1-1667831080304.png

4 REPLIES 4
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Sure, here's the data.

In the excel when making the filter of "true" in the holiday column to consider the count is 62, but in the Bi it shows me 60.

I used this code to the extent:

Measure = CALCULATE((COUNT('Copy holiday'[Vacaciones a cosiderar])),'Copy holiday'[Vacaciones a cosiderar]="TRUE")

I also did it graphically by creating a card and applying the column and then a count in rut in the fields part of Bi, although I can vary by another column and that should not make a difference since it is still at 60.

Attach the excel file to a wetransfer as the platform does not support uploading it

Link Wetransfer

I hope it is useful

I am getting 62 when importing this data into power bi , maybe you need to share your pbix file as something else might be wrong.

see attached. 

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

I appreciate your time this is the .pbix

Link dashboard

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

are you able to show an example of your data or supply data in text format?

what is the code for your measure?  countrows vs your code for your measure might be different.  If there are blank values it might not count it in your measure.  but impossible to know without you giving the information one requires to assess that?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.