Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

purple_banana
Frequent Visitor

(Desktop) Data navigation pane - Scroll Bar issue

Version: 2.115.663.0 64-bit (March 2023)

Bit of a strange one, the vertical scroll-bar in the nav-pane in Data View does not cover the full list. In order to access the lower tables/fields I have to select the lowest one I can see and then press the down key, where the rest of the tables/fields will become visible, however now the scroll-bar will not reach the top of the list (until I select the upper-most visible item and press the up key!

I have been putting up with this for a few weeks now, but it's really driving me mad. I have reinstalled PBI Desktop but the issue persists. For an unrelated reason, I have also done a completely clean install of Windows (11, 64-bit) and STILL I have this issue. 

Any ideas?

Scroll bar maxed, apparently:

purple_banana_0-1680001614728.png

Press down arrow:

purple_banana_1-1680001734449.png

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @purple_banana ,

This issue may caused by  CEF/Chromium. Power BI is transitioning part of its infrastructure from using CefSharp to WebView2.

Please try to switch to the WebView2:

Make sure that the Power BI Desktop infrastructure update is checked and WebView2 is installed.

vjianbolimsft_0-1680147414016.png

For more details, please refer to:

Power BI July 2021 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @purple_banana ,

This issue may caused by  CEF/Chromium. Power BI is transitioning part of its infrastructure from using CefSharp to WebView2.

Please try to switch to the WebView2:

Make sure that the Power BI Desktop infrastructure update is checked and WebView2 is installed.

vjianbolimsft_0-1680147414016.png

For more details, please refer to:

Power BI July 2021 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

YES!! That was it. Thank you!!!!

I had disabled that option after receiving some WebView2 errors & PBI Desktop crashes. Hopefully the errors don't come back now!! 🤞

Anonymous
Not applicable

Had the same exact issue and it too was driving me crazy.  Power BI Desktop infrastructure update corrected the issue.  Thanks @v-jianboli-msft 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.