Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Desktop App Kills Monitor

Starting about a two weeks ago, I began experiencing an issue with the Power BI desktop app.

Whenever the Power BI Desktop app is the active window on my second monitor it causes the monitor to stop picking up the display signal. If I can drag the window over to my other monitor through the black out I can use the app just fine on that display. It only occurs on a single display and this is the only application that causes the error.

I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad P15 Gen 1 laptop with a Thinkpad (TB3) Dock (i9-10885H, 128GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro RTX 5000 Max-Q) . The monitor that does not experience issues is a LG 4k60 monitor and the one that is experiencing issues is an AOC 2k144 monitor. I thought there might be issue with the refresh rate, but altering the refresh rate in the Nvidia Control Panel and Windows Display settings has not resolved the issue. This issue is present regardless of whether there is a .pbix file opened or just the welcome screen for the app.

I have tried this on two different windows OS's installed on this machine and it also occurs. This issue has happened with another monitor and dock at my office, but primarily occurs during the 95% of the time I am at my home office.

If anyone has any ideas to resolve this or workarounds that would be great!

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , first of all duplicate the display and check,

After the again have extended display and change(extended) its resolution and checking. it is because of the resolution

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.