Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

joe231
Frequent Visitor

Default view Visualization- Most current Date

Hello. need some help and any assistance will be greatly appreciated. Perhaps, I am overthinking or I fail to understand how filters work but here is the situation that is driving me nuts 🙂

I have two viz  (Matrix and axis chart) that is setup to show most current/latest date of data. the dax formula I used is - which i generally think works -

Ticket Count for Latest Date chart =
CALCULATE(
    COUNT(Merge2[Ticket ID]),
    FILTER(
        Merge2,
        Merge2[Date].[Date] = MAX(Merge2[Date])
    )
)

Using this Dax results into this
 joe231_1-1676298124679.png

as you can see, Data shown seems correct when toggling into different dates.. However, the problem is ran into is when there is no date/all selected, the matrix chart gives an incorrect number. To illustate:

joe231_2-1676298407624.png

joe231_6-1676299569467.png

As you can see, The axis chart looks to be counting and showing items from Previous Dates when nothing is selected (or if "all" are selected). This should be showing as it was. "More than ten days" last Feb 1 2023 and not on feb 7. I do not want this.  it seems to be working for all other groups except for "more than ten days / Five days". this is how other groups looks like using same DAX and rows - which is also what I want to show.as shown Below, it gives a view of the >48 hours group and its daily trending finally showing  "93" on the latest date.

joe231_5-1676299363279.png

I have check and recheck data type and formatting but to no avail. any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.