Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

wcloninger
Helper I
Helper I

Default value for a value in a matrix

I have a matrix table that shows the average uptime of a help desk ticket to be resolved. I have the product names for the rows and years/months for the columns for the date the problem occurred. The values are the average uptime for each product. All is good, but....Some months didn't have a ticket called in. So, the cell is blank, in which the cell should be 100%. I need the cells that have no tickets called in to have the value 100. Is this possible? 

11 REPLIES 11
DOLEARY85
Super User
Super User

Hi,

yeah, you should be able to wrap your current percentage in an if statement:

e.g if(isblank(Average Field or Calculation),100,Average Field or Calculation)

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution, Appreciate your Kudos 👍

Thank you for the response, but i'm still getting white cells. How does it know to add anything for the november month under the product finance if no events happened in november for Finance?

I'd need to know more about the data and actual measure to see what's going on.

Are you able to share the PBIX file?

i can't since it's confidential data. here is a pic though...the rows on the left are products. The blanks are events that didn't happen for that product or month, so no calculation was made.

wcloninger_0-1681228213491.png

Are those percentages a field from the souce data or a DAX formula in a measure / calculated column?

if it's a DAX can you share the code?

i have two calculations that make that number. I added two columns on the main table and used the formula's below...

Uptime2 = 'MeasuresTable'[AvailableMinutes]-'esd event_services and services'[time_to_resolution]
Uptime3 = 100*('esd event_services and services'[Uptime2]/'MeasuresTable'[AvailableMinutes])

and wrapping uptime3 in the isblank function didn't work?

Uptime3 = if(isblank(100*('esd event_services and services'[Uptime2]/'MeasuresTable'[AvailableMinutes])),100,100*('esd event_services and services'[Uptime2]/'MeasuresTable'[AvailableMinutes]))

Nope, same thing. Seems like it goes back to what is in the data itself. If i don't have any events for finance in november, how does it know to add anything for that blank cell? 

As some fields do have data in for Novemeber it has to bring it through as a column 

for a matrix table? i don't know how it would know to add data if no data is there for a product/month. It would be nice if you could set a default value for the table.

or, would you know how to make a blank cell the color green instead of white?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.