Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sd_kevin
Advocate II
Advocate II

Dax for the Default Chart Title

Hi, 

I am trying to dynamically change the Bar Chart title based on users selection and level of Drill Down/Up, Show Next Level or Expand to next level that is selected. I can dynamically change the portion of the title as it relates to the content of the data but I need help keeping with is keeping the same logic that the defualt chart title uses.

For example, with the default chart title (I have a date hierarchy with just Year & Month) starts with the "...by Year".

- when user clicks on show next level it'll show "...by Month".

- when user clicks on expand down to next level it shows "...by Year and Month".

What is the Dax code to replicate this logic in the title?

Thank you!

Kevin

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sd_kevin , I doubt that. We have isinscope, but that will only work for bars(you can try)

Another option is to try field parameters.  Selected all or unselect all it will work like a normal bar. but it will change the title Field Parameters- One solution for Measure Dimension slicer: https://youtu.be/lqF3Wa1FllE?t=70 

Thank you for your response. That is unfortunate that the end users cannot mimic the logic of the default dynamic title.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.