Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Marcin
Helper V
Helper V

Date type

Hi,

I have this problem that in some reports the date filter shows format as US  ( MM-DD-YYYY) . My regional settings in Power BI Desktop are correct, on my computer also eventrtnhing looks like YYYY-MM-DD. 

help.png

8 REPLIES 8
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Marcin,

Click on your date column in Fields Pane, then change its format to yyyy-MM-dd under Modeling ribbon.
1.PNG

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft

Unfortunately I am using data from SSAS with Live Connnection so I can't change this format in PowerBI desktop.  

I forgot to add that the format date is changing after I publish my report to Power BI service. 

Hi @Marcin,

I am not able to reproduce your issue in the latest version of Power BI Desktop (2.46.4732.721), please check the region settings in my environment. I change regional setting in my computer and change regional setting to Polish(Poland) in Power BI Desktop, after I re-open Power BI Desktop file, everything works well.
1.PNG2.PNG

In addition, after you publish Power BI Desktop file to Power BI Service, the date format will change based on the language settings in Power BI Service.
3.PNG

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

When I change language settings in Power BI service from English to Polish ( Polski ) then format is correct : 

Polish.png

With English language selection is changed again, In my opinion there should be option like "US English " 

English.png

@Marcin,

Has the issue been solved? To make the date display as YYYY-MM-DD, you would need to change language setting to Polish(Polski).

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Thanks for help, unfortunately I am using english language in all of my applications so I will wait for next preview where will be ability to choose two types of english formats . 

@Marcin,

You can submit an idea in this forum: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have a look at the underlying Date data and its format.  I'm always wrestling with the Data formatting of most microsoft products.  Here in AUS we use DD/MM/YYYY.  Sometimes i've had MS programs invert the DD/MM to MM/DD and often my solution is just to put my own data format inversion back in.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.