Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Donna
Frequent Visitor

Date slider for years - one year at a time

I am wondering if there is any way to create a slider, just for years, that only picks one year at a time? I don't want a range of years - just a single slider that users can slide along to rapidly see the change in a bar chart, showing the change in their data mix across years (one year at a time).

At the moment I've got a horizontal slicer but it's not such a good user experience to have to click on each year one by one.

I've tried the TimeLine Slicer but it seems to be for full dates - not just years (happy to be told I'm wrong on this).  I've researched this for a few days and not found a solution so would be most grateful for any ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Donna 

TimeLine Slicer can meet your requirement.

You just need to adjust the time interval to 'year' (year/quarter/month/week/day).

3.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Donna 

TimeLine Slicer can meet your requirement.

You just need to adjust the time interval to 'year' (year/quarter/month/week/day).

3.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

If i only want to use years but not dates, how can i achieve it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.