Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DM_W
Frequent Visitor

Date picker greyed out and not easy to use

Hello,

I receive a lot of complaints from my clients : when I put a date slicer on a page with a "between" format, they can't change the dates easily.

For example if the slicer is set to between 01/01/2024 (january 1st 2024) and 31/01/2024 (january 31st), if they want to see data between 01/12/2023 (december 1st 2023) and 31/12/2023 (december 31st 2023) they can't directly change the end date to 31/12/2023 because this date is not between 01/01/2024 (january 1st 2024) and 31/01/2024. They first have to change the start date and then the end date...

Is there any way they could change the start date and end date independently of what is alreday selected in the date slicer?

Thank you,

3 REPLIES 3
audreygerred
Super User
Super User

If they are wanting time intelligence (i.e. MoM, YoY, etc.) you would create measures to handle that and include them in your visual. For example, if the user selects January you can have the visual have your measure to handle current period and then have the MoM measure in as well. You can use calculation groups to allow the user to choose from current period, MoM, YoY, QoQ, etc. Here is a blog I wrote about using calculation groups (this can now be done directly in Power BI if you have the preview turned on - but the concept is the same as if doing it in Tabular Editor). http://powerbiwithme.com/2023/08/10/the-calculation-group-edition/ 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hello thank you this a great idea but they need to select very specific dates...

No problem! Once they select the specific dates are they trying to compare to the same days of the previous month? Previous year? Etc? If they are, the calculation groups with time intelligence should take care of it. If they select January 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 for the dates and select that they want to see the current period and LY, and YoY they would see the data for Jan1-6 of 2024 through the current period, Jan 1-6 of 2023 through the LY and the difference between the two with YoY (and so on and so forth).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.