Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Jumper
Helper I
Helper I

Date heirarchy - quarters pulling in unwanted calendar detail.

Hi all

I have a date heirarchy slicer that is pulling dates outside of the defined range.

I'm guessing it's a UTC conflict, but as someone with only a couple of month Power BI experience under my belt, a solution is beyond me at this stage.

Any suggestions to resolve?

Jumper_0-1666243312713.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Jumper,

I understand what's happening in your case. You have used year, quarter and months in one single slicer and put them in a heirarchy. However, the selection doesn't work that way. Since you have rows in your table with your date fields as columns and Q2 or let's say June could be in any year, when you select Q2, you'll see even those dates that are not in 2022. In order to implement what you want, use three different slicers for Year, Quarter and Month or create a field for Month Year and filter based on that.

Did I answer your question? Mark this post as a solution if I did!
Consider taking a look at my blog: How to Export Telemetry Data from Azure IoT Central into Power BI

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Jumper,

I understand what's happening in your case. You have used year, quarter and months in one single slicer and put them in a heirarchy. However, the selection doesn't work that way. Since you have rows in your table with your date fields as columns and Q2 or let's say June could be in any year, when you select Q2, you'll see even those dates that are not in 2022. In order to implement what you want, use three different slicers for Year, Quarter and Month or create a field for Month Year and filter based on that.

Did I answer your question? Mark this post as a solution if I did!
Consider taking a look at my blog: How to Export Telemetry Data from Azure IoT Central into Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.