Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jtcm4568
Helper I
Helper I

Date Range Slicer question

Hey all! It's me again.

I've found all kinds of answers for this that almost fit. So, if I'm just not seeing a way to make the existing solutions work, please let me know.

I have a data table with info for about 400 days.

I have a dates table with an even wider range of dates (it comes from a SQLServer DB, as its own table).

I would like to have a slicer that gives me access to all 400 days, but that defaults to a date range of the last 30 days. It *should* be able to say that the "end date" of that range is always "today".

I can get the date range to be dynamic, for the last 30 days. But, after 30 days "back" I can't select dates.

I can make a dynamic table for dates, that is limited to TODAY()-400, so I have the dynamic part of it, but the slicer shows, by default, all 400 days of data.

So. Is there a way to make the slicer show (e.g., 10/1/2022-10/31/2022) even though my data goes back to 2021?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ditch the slicer. Use visual, page or report level filters. Set them to Relative Date - "Last 30 days".  Allow your users to modify filters. Teach them how to do that.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jtcm4568
Helper I
Helper I

So I guess that's where I'm confused. I have a calculated table of the last 400 days.

I want all 400 days available in the event the customer needs to look at it. But they need to see ONLY the last 30 days when they first load the report.

Anything I do to accomplish seeing only the last 30 days prevents me from looking back beyond 30 days even with the calculated table in the mix. 

so I'm missing that final piece of the puzzle--how do I show only the first 30 days but still allow my customers to choose older dates?

Ditch the slicer. Use visual, page or report level filters. Set them to Relative Date - "Last 30 days".  Allow your users to modify filters. Teach them how to do that.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

If your data sources are accessed in import mode and refreshed daily then you can add a calculated table that can do that for you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.