Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

caribbeansym

Data loading error when refresh with some old data deleted from data source

Hi,

Usually my data source contains  monthly data file per year 2021, year 2022 and year 2023. Recently to make the file smaller, I have removed the year 2021 data. However when refreshing, it raises error loading blocked by other queries and then crash the process, so I can't even scan which query raises error. My power bi file is importing data by the prefix and the date string is at the end, so remove dates ideally shouldn't give errors. 

Thanks tons for any suggestions!!

2 REPLIES 2
caribbeansym

An update is that now whichever PB file I open, it will raise "loading blocked by other queries" and then this diaglog disapeared, so I even don't know which exact query is causing error.

AbbasG
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@caribbeansym most common issue here might be, while removing 2021 data. Restore that data as it is and you might be able to decode what is causing the problem.

After re-storing check your data in Power query if 2021 data is being used in some tables or queries. (if yes, you will need to get rid of those old data and make necessary tweaks).

Hope it helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.