Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

chintu9494
Regular Visitor

Data from another database table doesnt load

Hi Guys,

I connected Power bi to Project Online DB and a SharePoint list by using Project GUID as the unique key. I use Category and Project name from SP List and then when I try to bring the KPI Indicators (Green/ Yellow/ Red) Budget/ Schedule/ Scope information from Project Online DB it doesnt load correctly, it only says GREEN Across all the Project Names (SP List), not sure what could be wrong, i checked the Relationship model and it is Many to one Single. Also in the first screenshot below the horizontal highlighted project has status KPI Overall as Red, Budget as Red, Schedule Yellow and Scope Green, but it is showing incorrect, it shows GREEN Across. Any solution will be really apprecaited

chintu9494_0-1705448822551.png

Relationship Model

chintu9494_1-1705448858336.png

3 REPLIES 3
chintu9494
Regular Visitor

I resolved this issue myself thank you

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @chintu9494 ,

I'm having a hard time determining what the problem is with just the description and screenshots, so please provide some sample data (remember to remove private content). 
If you have all these results calculated by DAX or other means, please provide your code as well.

Best Regards,
Dino Tao

hI Dino,

Thanks for your response, the problem here is that when i join or connect two different tables from different database in this case it is Project Online DB and SharePoint list. when I create a table view in Power BI and use the fields called Category and Project name from SharePoint list (Projects Timeline 2024 Portfolio) and add fields like KPI Overall, KPI Budget, KPI Schedule, KPI Scope from Project Online DB, the data displaying for these fields (KPI's) are not correct, it by defaults displays "GREEN" everywhere. Not sure if this explains the problem. 

P.S I am not using any code or query to extract the data, it is plain simple fields from these two different tables from two different Datasets

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.