Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

surendray0218

Data from SharePoint list page

Hope I can get some support to resolve the issues that I'm facing.

Pulling data from SharePoint Risk Log. Our risk log has Risk Type with values Risk and Opportunity. Based on user selection, values in Status changes. When I pull the data to PowerBI, actual values are not showing up in status. See the screen shot below. How can I see the actual values.

surendray0218_1-1644720590302.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @surendray0218 

Considerations for quickly creating a report from a SharePoint list or library in Power BI Services:

Currently, some complex column types in SharePoint will show up as [Record]s or [List]s within the report. We’re working on updating the experience so these column values match what you see in the list or library.

This is the relevant document, hope to help you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/power-bi/create-reports/service-quick-create-sharepoint-list 

If your status column can be determined by the values of other columns, it is recommended that you use the Dax function.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

surendray0218

Thanks for response. The status column is caluculated/ condition based. I.e, if user select the Risk Type, then values in the Status Changes which are only applicable to risk i.e., Active, Accepted, Realized,  and closed. If user Selects Opportunity the values in Status colum changes to Exploit, Share, Enhance, Ignore.

Currently when I pull the data into PowerBI, not able to see the actual values. If I can see the values then I can use Status column as filter on PowerBI report. Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide a more detailed explanation of what you are aiming to achieve. What have you tried and where are you stuck?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.