Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

cheid1977
Helper I
Helper I

Data Range Grouping

I would like to take shipment weights and break them down into weight ranges (ex. 0 - 5, 5 -10, 10-20, etc).  I tried the Groups function, but I would have to update that everytime my data was refreshed with new data due to new shipment weights being added.  Is there a recommended formula that could be used that would allow the shipment weight to be grouped into these weight ranges i provided earlier and update as my data is refreshed? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cheid1977,

Have you tried the solution provided above? Does it work in your scenario? If the solution works, could you accept it as solution to close this thread?

If you still have any question on this issue, feel free to post here. Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks for the recommendation. I have had a chance to test it out. As soon as I do I will let you know if it works. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just add a calculated column "Weight Bucket".  There are a few ways to do this (eg, you could have a separate table that controls the buckets and lookup into it)  or whatever, that has the formula (something like)

Bucket = SWITCH( TRUE(),
    [Weight] <= 5, "0-5",
    [Weight] <= 10, "5-10",
    [Weight] <= 100, "80-100",
    "Real Heavy"
  )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.