Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jayendra
Frequent Visitor

Data Import takes long time from Jira to Power BI

Hi

I have a jira ticketing tool,it has 5 lakhs records are their i imported through REST queries after when i apply any customizations after i publish my file its taking time about 4 to 5 hours i dont know why this happing can you tell me is thier any solution to resolve 

Regards

jayendra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

This is extreme. First thing you should do is to disable background refresh:

PQ_DisableBackgroundRefresh.jpg

If this doesn't help, you should try to find out if your transformations are the problem or the data source itself: Import just the raw data without transformations and compare.

If transformations are the problem, you need to stop the system to re-load from the source. This can be done by using Table.Buffer. It's basically trial and error on where to put them.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

This is extreme. First thing you should do is to disable background refresh:

PQ_DisableBackgroundRefresh.jpg

If this doesn't help, you should try to find out if your transformations are the problem or the data source itself: Import just the raw data without transformations and compare.

If transformations are the problem, you need to stop the system to re-load from the source. This can be done by using Table.Buffer. It's basically trial and error on where to put them.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.