Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

csh8428

Data Colors option missing

I am on PBI Desktop V 2.106(June  2022)

The Data Colors option is missing from the Format visual Menu. So far it's missing from the Donut, stcked column, and matrix charts that I can tell, but I haven't checked any others.(see screenshot). 

screenshot.png

8 REPLIES 8
dmon

Go to the Visualizations > Visual > Columns and see if there is a Series drop down menu in a section named "Apply settings to".

If this is set to "All" you will only have the option to change overall transparency in the Columns > Color section.

Try changing the Series from All to one of the column names in your chart and it should add a Color drop down menu in the Columns > Color section.

Hopefully this helps!

Found it, but the new way to set data colours is a disaster. Soo hard to find. Thanks for solving.

Padycosmos
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hope this helps. For the donut chart you can see colour when you expand the 'slice' option

Padycosmos_0-1674066858571.png

@Padycosmos Yes, that does solve the donut chart colors. Thanks! Now hopefully somebody can chime in on the column chart Data Colors not showing up.

This is for the stacked column chart.  Expand the Columns option to find the colors

Padycosmos_3-1674083002947.png

I have the same issue, i missing the option to set colors by function!

Were you able to figure it out I'm having the smae problem 

No, unfortunately, I haven't found a solution. It is possible to set colors for individual categories, but not through a function. I have the same categories in many charts repeatedly, and I want to use the same colors for these categories in all charts to quickly provide the user with an overview based on colors. Currently, this seems not possible, and I would also appreciate a solution to this problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.