Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

beaoliv123-_
Helper I
Helper I

Daily unique visitors + Number of sessions per day

Hi

I'd like to know if someone can help me calculate the follwing measures:

Daily Unique Visitors:

I have a table with all of my date, in which i have a column called ID. This ID identifies each client.

That means that every time a client starts a session, I'll have on the database a row with the identification of the client.

I have already identified the Unique Visitors, accordingly to the dates filtered on the report, so, if I have a visualization withthe data organized by week, I'll have the Unique visitors calculated according to the week.

However, I would like to have the same logic of the measure but counted for the day. I mean, instead of the calculationbeing accordingly to the data filtered, I'd like the visitors to be counted once by day. So if a client visits my website 1 time each day in a specific week, i would have 1 unique visitor according to the measure I already have, but I would have 7 visits (by day) according to this new measure I would like to have.

Number of clients that have 1 session, 2 session, 3 sessions, 4 sessions, 5 or more sessions

In this measure I would like to know, by day, how many sessions does each client have.
So, I want to count how many clients have 1 session per day, how many have 2 sessions per day, etc.

Example:

Day 1      Day 2

Client A   Client A

Client A   Client B

Client B   Client C

Client C   Client C

Client C   Client D 

Client C    Client D

According to the data, I would have, on the Day 1:

1 client with 2 sessions

1 client with 1 session

1 client with 3 sessions

On day 2:

2 clients with 1 session

2 clients with 2 sessions

For each number of sessions I would like to have a measure:
Measure 1 = Numer of clients with 1 session
Measure 2 = Number of clients with 2 session

and so on

Thank you so much

I'd really appreciate if you can help me

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @beaoliv123-_ ,

I have created a simple sample , please refer to my pbix file to see if it helps you.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45Wcs7JTM0rUXBUUFBQ0oHzlGJ1cEg5IUs5IcSdkcWdCYu74BaPBQA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Day 1    " = _t, #"Day 2" = _t]),
    #"Unpivoted Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(Source, {}, "Attribute", "Value"),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Unpivoted Columns",{{"Attribute", "Day"}, {"Value", "Client"}}),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "Index", 1, 1, Int64.Type)
in
    #"Added Index"

Then add an index column.

Finally create 2 measures.

Measure1(Numer of clients with 1 session) =
CALCULATE (
    DISTINCTCOUNT ( 'Table'[Client] ),
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'Table' ),
        'Table'[Day] = SELECTEDVALUE ( 'Table'[Day] )
            && [Measure] = 1
    )
)
Measure2( Number of clients with 2 session) =
CALCULATE (
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'Table' ),
            && [Measure] = 2
    )
)

vrongtiepmsft_0-1691560218755.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @beaoliv123-_ ,

I have created a simple sample , please refer to my pbix file to see if it helps you.

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45Wcs7JTM0rUXBUUFBQ0oHzlGJ1cEg5IUs5IcSdkcWdCYu74BaPBQA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type nullable text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [#"Day 1    " = _t, #"Day 2" = _t]),
    #"Unpivoted Columns" = Table.UnpivotOtherColumns(Source, {}, "Attribute", "Value"),
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"Unpivoted Columns",{{"Attribute", "Day"}, {"Value", "Client"}}),
    #"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Renamed Columns", "Index", 1, 1, Int64.Type)
in
    #"Added Index"

Then add an index column.

Finally create 2 measures.

Measure1(Numer of clients with 1 session) =
CALCULATE (
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'Table' ),
            && [Measure] = 1
    )
)
Measure2( Number of clients with 2 session) =
CALCULATE (
    FILTER (
        ALL ( 'Table' ),
            && [Measure] = 2
    )
)

vrongtiepmsft_0-1691560218755.png

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you so much!

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

You can create a DAX table that summarizes the data and reports an aggregate as a column. Us the SUMMARIZE DAZ function. Then in that table, do a Count measure on the [Count Of Rows] aggregated column. 

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.