Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tkrupka
Resolver II
Resolver II

DAX If And Filter

I am trying to figure out how to do this.  Basically I am trying to write a DAX equation that will allow me to create a measure with multiple filters.

DAX question.JPG

I want to get the Tanks[Tank_Name] where Tanks[Day_Tank]=FALSE && Tanks[INDEX]=MIN(Tanks[INDEX]) following the Day Tank filter

i.e.  if Day_Tank=FALSE, Lookup Tank_Name where Index is smallest value.

The reason for this is because I am going to have visuals on the same dashboard where Day_Tank = True and Day_Tank = FALSE

I've been playing around with this for a few days now without success.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Finally figured out what I wanted.  I'm not sure why I was having such an issue.

Day_Tank_1 = CALCULATE(VALUES(Tanks[Tank_Name]),FILTER(Tanks,Tanks[Day_Tank]=TRUE()),FILTER(Tanks,Tanks[INDEX]=1))

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@tkrupka if you share sample data with expected result it will help to provide the solution. Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Sample Data.JPG

@parry2k IF Fourth column = TRUE / FALSE depending on the situation, give me the 2nd column where the last column is the smallest value.

@tkrupka minimum of last column against whole dataset or what?? Can you clarify? 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

@parry2kLet's say I wanted to get DC4-Tank A as my result.  

The visuals are already set to a page filter of DC4, so that gets rid of the DC2 results.

If I filter to Day_Tank = TRUE, I now have seven results

Now the minimum value of INDEX of that filter would give me my expected result.

@tkrupka so basically you need minimum of index on allselected records

Minimum Index = 
CALCULATE( MIN(Table[Index]) , ALLSELECTED( Table ) )

@parry2kBut I also need to filter based on the Day Tank value because some visuals will be based on TRUE and others will be based on FALSE on the same dashboard.

@tkrupka I would recommend put your data in excel sheet and required result in a seperate sheet to get you the solution. I sent you an post before on how to get answer quickly, hope you already read it. 

Finally figured out what I wanted.  I'm not sure why I was having such an issue.

Day_Tank_1 = CALCULATE(VALUES(Tanks[Tank_Name]),FILTER(Tanks,Tanks[Day_Tank]=TRUE()),FILTER(Tanks,Tanks[INDEX]=1))

@parry2k I haven't seen it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.