Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jason_Auburn
Helper I
Helper I

Creating a column based to value of 2 others

Hi 

I need to add a coumn to my report, based on the value of 2 other columns but only have a value where the specific values are met, anything else should be null or blank. 

StatusOwnerNew Column
OpenJohn SmithIf Status = Open & Owner = John Smith then value = "In Remediation" else blank
ClosedJohn Smithif status = Closed & Owner = John Smith then value = "Remediaiton Closed" else blank

What I'm trying to acheive i've added to the "New Column" above, is there an easy way to acheive this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jason_Auburn 
Please create calculated column as below:
New column= IF('Table'[status]="Open" && 'Table'[Owner]="John Smith","In Remediation", IF(Table'[status]="Close" && 'Table'[Owner]="John Smith","Remediaiton Closed",Blank()))

Let me know your answer!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Data-estDog
Resolver II
Resolver II

Click on transform. Select table: 

Click add column tab. Click Custom column

DataestDog_2-1698846636604.png

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Uzi2019
Super User
Super User

Hi @Jason_Auburn 
Please create calculated column as below:
New column= IF('Table'[status]="Open" && 'Table'[Owner]="John Smith","In Remediation", IF(Table'[status]="Close" && 'Table'[Owner]="John Smith","Remediaiton Closed",Blank()))

Let me know your answer!

Thank you! this worked perfectly

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.