Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Create slicer from multiple columns but not restricted by data in one column

Hi all

I am trying to create a slicer which gets data from multiple column

The below forms my slicer selection 

IF(golden_data[Complaints All Yes No Flag] = "Yes" ,"Complaints",
                       IF(golden_data[DM All Yes No Flag] = "Yes" , "DM",
                         IF(golden_data[LNTR All Yes No Flag] = "Yes" ,  "LNTR",
                            IF(golden_data[LTR All Yes No Flag] = "Yes" , "LTR","All Other"))))

The above is then used in a chiclet so the user can select what data they want to see.

However the problem I am having is that if I select DM it excludes those that might also have a complaint. If I select complaints it excludes those that have DM. So its like doing a distinct instead of get all even if they fall in to another category.

Hope this makes sense.

Any help would be really apreciated

Many thanks
Karen
2 REPLIES 2
ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

Sounds like your data is not mutually exclusive, where a row can be BOTH "Complaints" and DMR at the same time.

Suppose you work for a car dealer and the manager wants you to sort all the cars on the lot. "Put all the blue cars in that lot, and all the pickup trucks over there." 

Sounds simple enough. But what do you do with a blue pickup?

Best practice is to have two different slicers on two different attributes.

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

HI @ToddChitt 

Thanks for your reply

To be honest that's what I originally did but I wondered if there was some clever DAX that enabled me to have one slicer. But definitely simpler to have individual slicers 🙂

Kind regards

Karen

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.