Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Create a visual with a display variant ?

Hi community,

I'm looking for a way to create "display variant" ("variante d'affichage" in french) to be able to display a matrix according different format.

For example, I want to create multiple "template" and regarding my filters, display my matrix in a different way with different column.

Any idea ?

Cheers,

Michaël

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@michaeldurieux2 ,

@michaeldurieux2 wrote:

Hi community,

I'm looking for a way to create "display variant" ("variante d'affichage" in french) to be able to display a matrix according different format.

For example, I want to create multiple "template" and regarding my filters, display my matrix in a different way with different column.

Any idea ?

Cheers,

Michaël

Do you want to filter columns and change the matrix by columns? If so, power bi doesn't support this feature. You can only filter rows in power bi.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Hi Jimmy,

For example, my users have Excels files with vba macros.

Here is an example of a generated tab in excel from a "data" tab with ramdom values.

Users select Month, Year and version with dropdown lists in Excel and automatically, the column names are changing to compare year and budget version over the year (the red boxes have no meaning here). Here is the result in Excel.

example.pngIn PowerBI, I loaded the "data" table with raw data and I'm looking for a way to dynamically apply my filters (year, month and version) to the report.

Any idea @v-yuta-msft ?

Nobody has an idea ?

One complement, if I have a table with these values :

Type, year, value

Sales, 2018, 10

Sales, 2019, 30

Stock, 2018, 20

Stock, 2018, 40

Can I display a matrix with type, year, value using a slicer to display my matrix for 2018 or 2019 ?

For example if I use the slicer 2018, my matrix will show :

Type, 2018

Sales, 10

Stock, 20

if I use the slicer 2019, my matrix will show :

Type, 2019

Sales, 30

Stock, 40

Thanks for your help !

Michaël

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.