Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Sam-L
Frequent Visitor

Create a slicer based on multiple fields of data

Hello,

I'm currently working with some medical intervention data and I'm looking to create a new slicer filter which allows the selection of a medical intervention.

Currently, my data has a different field for different interventions which contain either a blank (intervention not carried out) or a date/time (intervention took place at that moment). Ideally, I'd like to create one new column that would pull in this information i.e. Field Name: Intervention_Type with values separated by ( | ) i.e. Intervention1|Intervention2|Intervention3 - based on if a time is valid in those fields.

Failing the above, a new column for each intervention with a replacement of blank values which shows 'No' instead and where there is a time showing 'Yes', would suffice. Is this possible to do?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sam-L
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help @v-jingzhang @amitchandak. I have found a different way around this by creating a conditional column based on if a time exists or not. If a time exists, it stores 'yes', if it's null, it stores 'no'. I've done this for each of my interventions and created a card for each intervention.

Sam-L_0-1619797990410.png

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam-L
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your help @v-jingzhang @amitchandak. I have found a different way around this by creating a conditional column based on if a time exists or not. If a time exists, it stores 'yes', if it's null, it stores 'no'. I've done this for each of my interventions and created a card for each intervention.

Sam-L_0-1619797990410.png

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sam-L 

You could use below codes to create calculated columns. Is this what you want to get?

Column = [A_Time]&"|"&[B_Time]&"|"&[C_Time]
Column 2 = IF(ISBLANK([A_Time]),"No","Yes")&"|"&IF(ISBLANK([B_Time]),"No","Yes")&"|"&IF(ISBLANK([C_Time]),"No","Yes")
Column 3 = IF(ISBLANK([A_Time]),"No",[A_Time])&"|"&IF(ISBLANK([B_Time]),"No",[B_Time])&"|"&IF(ISBLANK([C_Time]),"No",[C_Time])

042902.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Sam-L ,Can you share sample data and sample output in table format?

As of now it seems like a new column

=[Intervention1] & "|" & [Intervention2] & "|" & [Intervention3]

Hello, thanks for your response. Is this screenshot okay? 

Sam-L_0-1619528197157.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.