Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

tyannamorrison
Frequent Visitor

Counting dates that fall in the past 6 months of a date in Power BI

I am trying to find a renewal rate of customers who are renewing there account. With the data I am given I am given a expiration date and an invoice date. For my formula I want to capture the COUNT of accounts that are up for renewal in the past 6 months. Meaning if TODAY is 6 months from the expiration date I have the output value needs to be 1. I am using a measure but it is not working. Where am I going wrong ? 

6Months = CALCULATE(SUM('License Table'[expiration_date]),DATESINPERIOD('License Table'[expiration_date],License Table'[expiration_date],-6,MONTH))

I want the output to be 1 if an account's expiration date is 6 months away from today. Capturing accounts 6 months away from their expiration date. 

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @tyannamorrison 

Have you check you data type of your filed  [expiration_date] ?

Please make sure that there is no comparison between text data and date data.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

tyannamorrison
Frequent Visitor

tyannamorrison_0-1620139900627.png

Getting this error upon implemnting this measure.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@tyannamorrison , Try a new measure  like

6Months =
var _max = today()
var _min - date(year(_max), month(_max) -6, Day(_max))
return
CALCULATE(SUM('License Table'[expiration_date]),filter('License Table','License Table' [expiration_date] >=_min && 'License Table' [expiration_date]<=_max ))

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.