Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ryanraff37
Helper I
Helper I

Countif adjacent question

Rephrasing a prior post based on a different approach and making the question more clear.

I have 2 tables:
 Table 1 has:
Week
Order ID
Values

Table 2 has:
Deal ID

The Tables are linked one-many from table 2 to table 1 (table 1 has duplicates of Order ID that lands in multiple weeks).

I want to show by week the total # of deals in table 1, and the # of deals that match on those deals for the given week from table 2.

Currently Stuck here:

ryanraff37_0-1622667974331.png

My measure's keep counting every OrderID in Table2 and I can't seem to figure out how to only count the values that match the deals present for that week from Table 1.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ryanraff37 

I think it may be the one to many relationship that caused the measure you created to return the same result .

Could you provide some data or sample ? According to your diagram, I have no way to determine the specific reason .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @ryanraff37 ,

please create a pbix file that contains sample data but still reflects your data model. Upload the pbix to onedrive or dropbox and share the link. If you are using Excel to create the sample data and the xlsx as well.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.