Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bdehning
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Count +0 and too many months

Here is my Count VisualCount.jpg

Here is my Count +0 Visual

Count +0.jpg

I have been trying to solve this for months.  On the Count + 0 visual the issue is that the customer selected started 7/1/22.  How can not show the 0 months prior to Jul 2022?  

I can not find a sample report to help me solve this.  

I some how need use the Start Date for each company it seems.  So when companies are selected by Slicer, the Month Year starts showng months from their Start Date Month.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It's way more complicated for my model, so I moved on.  

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bdehning ,

Thanks for the reply from Ashish_Mathur , Musadev .

After many days, has your problem been solved?

Was my answer helpful? Was there a test performed?

I would be grateful if you could provide me with sample data for testing, please remove any sensitive data in advance.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

It's way more complicated for my model, so I moved on.  

v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bdehning ,

You need to create a new measure to dynamically calculate the "Count of Total Gross Incurred" from the Start Date of the selected company.

Count of Total Gross Incurred = 
CALCULATE(
    COUNT(LossRun[Total Gross Incurred]), FILTER(
    FILTER(
        ALL('DateTable'), 'DateTable'[Date])
        'DateTable'[Date] >= MIN(Companies[StartDate])
    )
)

I would be grateful if you could provide me with sample data with the personal information erased.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

Musadev
Resolver III
Resolver III

in the Filters Views, Uncheck the Null (blank) option for this visual so it will not show the blank rows. 
You have more dates in the table than the dates you are using for calculations. You have this issue, add the dates to X-axis from the table you are using the values or check the dim_dates table and keep only the dates you have in your FCt table. 

Musadev_0-1709408500218.png

That is not an option as I use 

Count of Total Gross Incurred = CALCULATE(COUNT(LossRun[Total Gross Incurred])) +0, which provides 0 for months for no count inside where I want and unfortuately outside where I do not want.  

Hi,

Share the download link of the PBI file.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.