Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

sittell

Cosmos DB V2 Connector doesn't load json arrays

Hi, 

I'm trying to build Power BI reports on top of Cosmos DB using Cosmos DB V2 Connector and a Direct Query Mode. Currently I have an issue with json data which contains arrays. In this case when loading the data, arrays are shown as a separate table which has been evaluating and never being loaded. All other data has been loaded sucessfully, but has a column with a link to the array as a table which doesn't work. Has anyone had the same problem and has an idea how it could be solved? Is there any way to work with arrays with Cosmos DB V2 Connector for Power BI or you have to create some data preparation in between?

I've read this topic, but it doesn't really suggest any solution.

I would be grateful for any feedback!

Best regards,

Lisa

sittell_0-1715946627721.png

sittell_1-1715946825125.png

sittell_2-1715946853816.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @sittell ,

You can check the following official documentation for known issues you may be experiencing with the Cosmos DB V2 connector

Troubleshoot connector and format issues in mapping data flows - Azure Data Factory | Microsoft Lear...

Or you can consider transforming your data in Cosmos DB to flatten the arrays.

CosmosDB, help flatten and filter by nested array - Stack Overflow

Flatten nested arrays in cosmosdb sql - Stack Overflow

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Solved: Re: Removing any columns causes errors - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Expression.Error: The column 'Column1' of the tabl... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Re: The Column '___' of the table wasn't found. - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Liu, 

Thank you for your feedback! Is there any way to specify an sql query for Cosmos DB V2 connector in order to flatten Cosmos DB data?

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.