Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jewels

Correlation coefficient quick measure between two measures

Hi all,

I am trying to establish the correlation coefficient between two measures of my dataset. The columns these measures are based on are customer satisfaction scores from 1-10 in different categories, rows are customer surveys.

These measures calculate the percentage of values ranking on a certain scale (1-10), namely the scores of 8, 9 and 10s, so the measure would come back with a percentage of all customers scoring different areas of my service with the three top scores (this is how we establish our customer satifsfaction).

Now I want to establish whether there is a correlation between two of those scores (=measures). I am using the "correlation coefficient" function in the Quick measures and am grouping the surveys by hotels in the "category" field with both measures in the X and Y axis fields. 

When I run the correlation, the value it comes up with is -1.97 instead of a value between -1 and 1.

Any takers on this? Would greatly appreciate help on this 🙂

Julie

image.pngimage.png

2 REPLIES 2
jewels

Dear @v-xiaoyan-msft , many thanks for your response, I really appreciate you took the time to help me.
I do understand why the value has to be between -1 and 1, hence why I am all the more surprised that the measure does not come up with a value in that range. So I have no explanation why the function in PowerBI does not work for my analysis. I suspect it has soemthing to do with the fact that I am trying to use measures for this. Would you be available to talk through this on a call? I would greatly appreciate your help.
Thanks,

Julie

v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jewels ,

The Correlation Coefficient cannot be greater then the absolute value of 1 because it is a measure of fit between two variables that are not affected by units of measurement.
A correlation coefficient is a measure of how well the data points of a given set of data fall on a straight line. It tells you if there is a linear relationship between the two variables involved (It is possible for two variables that are related but not linearly to have a correlation coefficient of zero).
A correlation coefficient of -1 says that there is a perfect negative linear relationship, and a correlation coefficient of +1 says there is a perfect positive relationship. A correlation coefficient of 0 shows there is no linear relationship present. But correlation coefficients can take values between -1 and +1.

Please check your data and try like this way :

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.