Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ivan_C
Helper I
Helper I

Convert/unfold aggregated data to single line in table

Hi all,

I'm working on a problem which seems to be quite difficult to solve to me. Hopefully anyone in the community will be able to provide a solution?

The following data is available:

view1.png

I would like the table to be transformed to this to be able to easily put it on a timeline with data from other sources.

view2.png

2 things are happening here:

First: Every item gets a new line in the new table with the valid prices on that particular day (Start Date till End Date), till the end of the timeline (31/12/2050 for all items)

Secondly: If a price (A, B or C) is not filled in, the price of the previous period should be filled in.

Can this be done in Power BI?

Thank you in advance for all the help!

I

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Ivan_C , I have distributed data between dates in this file. for a similar problem see if that can help

or refer blog https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-divide-distribute-values-between-start-date-o...

View solution in original post

Ivan_C
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you amitchandak for this information. I will look into this and give it a go. All the best!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ivan_C
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you amitchandak for this information. I will look into this and give it a go. All the best!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Ivan_C , I have distributed data between dates in this file. for a similar problem see if that can help

or refer blog https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-divide-distribute-values-between-start-date-o...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.