Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Convert specific rows into column on Power Query

Hello,

Can I convert only row with "0102931 - BRENO CARDOZO PEREIRA" into a new column from row 170 until row 173 and then convert row " 0103255 - RONILSON DE OLIVEIRA" into a new column and then go on with other next names?

As Is:

exemplo.png

To be:

TO BE.png

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ricardocamargos
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @Anonymous,

I tried to reproduce your scenario, here what I have done after promove the headers:

Change the type of the "HORÁRIO" column to text;

Split the "DATA" column using position (10):

= Table.SplitColumn(#"Promoted Headers", "DATA", Splitter.SplitTextByPositions({0, 10}, false), {"DATA.1", "DATA.2"})

Split the "Horário" column using delimiter:

= Table.SplitColumn(#"Changed Type2", "HORÁRIO", Splitter.SplitTextByEachDelimiter({"-"}, QuoteStyle.Csv, false), {"HORÁRIO.1", "HORÁRIO.2"})

Fill down the "Horário.2"

Split the "Horário.1.2" column using positions (8)

= Table.SplitColumn(#"Filled Down", "HORÁRIO.1", Splitter.SplitTextByPositions({0, 8}, true), {"HORÁRIO.1.1", "HORÁRIO.1.2"})

Now just filter the dataset to exclude the rows which contains "Funcionario" or "Nome"

I hope it helps you,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ricardocamargos
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @Anonymous,

I tried to reproduce your scenario, here what I have done after promove the headers:

Change the type of the "HORÁRIO" column to text;

Split the "DATA" column using position (10):

= Table.SplitColumn(#"Promoted Headers", "DATA", Splitter.SplitTextByPositions({0, 10}, false), {"DATA.1", "DATA.2"})

Split the "Horário" column using delimiter:

= Table.SplitColumn(#"Changed Type2", "HORÁRIO", Splitter.SplitTextByEachDelimiter({"-"}, QuoteStyle.Csv, false), {"HORÁRIO.1", "HORÁRIO.2"})

Fill down the "Horário.2"

Split the "Horário.1.2" column using positions (8)

= Table.SplitColumn(#"Filled Down", "HORÁRIO.1", Splitter.SplitTextByPositions({0, 8}, true), {"HORÁRIO.1.1", "HORÁRIO.1.2"})

Now just filter the dataset to exclude the rows which contains "Funcionario" or "Nome"

I hope it helps you,

Ricardo

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.