Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cartergardner
Regular Visitor

Consolidate Value Columns into One Value Column based on a condition

Hi all - I am working to transition our financial statements into PowerBI. We use Netsuite for our Income Statement Actuals reporting. 

The problem I am running into is that the monthly actuals are accumulated in side by side columns. Meaning, there's not one consolidated value column I can reference when creating measures. See screen shot below.  

cartergardner_0-1658851788502.png

I'm looking for a method that can consolidate the columns, but still have an indicator I can reference to seperate the data by month. Anyone have a solution for this? In the past we were preforming a SUMIF based on each column, but could easily drag that. I would really like to avoid having to create measures for each individual line item for each individual month.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Avantika-Thakur
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @cartergardner ,

You can try unpivotting all the separate Month columns together which would create a consolidated "Attribute" and "Value" column.

Thanks!
Avantika

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Avantika-Thakur
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @cartergardner ,

You can try unpivotting all the separate Month columns together which would create a consolidated "Attribute" and "Value" column.

Thanks!
Avantika

@Avantika-Thakur - I'm sure it is clear that I am new to PowerBI - this is an absolute life saver. Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.