Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

aben_PBI

Connecting to SharePoint Survey - Power BI RS (January 2024)

For a couple reports we have, I have connected to a SharePoint survey. To access the data, I load the data under the "SharePoint List" data type. However, we have noticed that on the Server, it is taking around 3.5 minutes to refresh vs other reports that take 10 to 20 seconds (and these faster reports have even more data froming from SQL servers and Excel files combined).

Is there an optimized way to pull in this data without impacting the server so much?

2 REPLIES 2
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

3.5 minutes isn't extreme enough to worry about in my opinion, but if you'd like to speed it up you can remove any columns you're not using in your first Power Query steps after the navigation. Steps like remove columns will fold to the source, so it'll pull less data and be less of a load. SharePoint sources usually have at least a dozen back-end columns that you don't necessarily need that can be removed. 

We have already removed all unnecessary columns. What I am noticing, is that the data loads in about 100kb increments every second, which then can take up to a few minutes to load. I just think it should be faster.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.