Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

some1else
Helper II
Helper II

Connecting to IBM Maximo (DB2 Oracle)

Hi guys,

How can I fetch data from IBM Maximo database, which seems to use DB2 Database?

I know the URL, and nothing else. I can see and extract data, if I use the web browser.

URL example: https://XXXXXXXX.XXX

Much appreciated for the help

4 REPLIES 4
Danthe100394

Hello community,

If anyone has any idea how to do this I would really appreciate it, it is something I have tried quite a bit and failed to get the authentication right.

Happy day.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@some1else did you try using the web as a data source? WHat kind of authentication do you have to do when you use the browser?

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

Learn about conditional formatting at Microsoft Reactor

My latest blog post The Power of Using Calculation Groups with Inactive Relationships (Part 1) (perytus.com) I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Visit us at https://perytus.com, your one-stop-shop for Power BI-related projects/training/consultancy.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks for helping out parry.

I've partially managed to connect to the source using web URL. If I manage to accomplish what I will explain next, I can make a tutorial so others can also use on their jobs/projects.

IBM Maximo Asset Management is a tool to manage assets and workorders. I have more than 2million workorders with dozens of fields. I only need some of them (about 10/15), but if I try to extract more than 20~30k records at a time I get timeouts.

This gives me a problem: if I make separate queries for each extraction I have to later append all into one, but some records are still with open status, which means more information can be added until its closure.

So, how can I append all of those queries into one, without having to redo all the tasks whenever I want to update the records (in case some have been updated)? 

Is there a way to use a custom function to increase the timeout? Or a way to use a memory table to drop those 20~30k a time and drop all 2million into one big table once its finished? I don't mind updating the dataset every month leaving it running through the night.

Hi!

Did you manage to conect to Maximo? How do you do that, are you using a Web connection? and Which logging? 

I appreciate your answer

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.