Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Archie-gh
Frequent Visitor

Connecting Project site to power bi

Hi, 

I need to connect project site in PWA to power bi, everything is oK and i am connecting them but the probelm is, it doesn't show all of columns which i created there. it only shows default column. for example, 

in risk section, there is risk mitigation column by default and being shown in power query, and I added another column next of risk mitigation column called risk rating, but it doess't show in power query the my new column. 

can anyone help me how I can connect any new column in project site to power bi?

4 REPLIES 4
Archie-gh
Frequent Visitor

I think, reporting of custom column in power bi from project site is not easy, unfortunately I couldn't find any answer how I can connect new added custome column into power query. 

Archie-gh
Frequent Visitor

I add columns in project site, but when I refresh the power query, they won't be shown 

Archiegh_0-1639010085257.png

Hi @Archie-gh ,

First, please make sure that the new added column risk rating  is displayed in the odata feed data source exactly. Please try to follow the steps in the following blog to clear the cache and check whether the new added column risk rating can be loaded successfully after completed the cache clearing...

How To Clear Cache Of Power BI Desktop?

Clear cacheClear cache

Clear the cache of data sourceClear the cache of data source

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Archie-gh ,

Where did you add the new column risk rating? In project site or Power Query Editor? Did you click "Refresh" in Power Query Editor after add the new column? Could you please provide the applied codes in your Advanced Editor if it is convenient? Please mask the sensitive info before share it with me. Thank you.

Refresh AllRefresh All

Advanced EditorAdvanced Editor

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.