Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

C_lad

Connected BigQuery to PowerBI with Service account using BigQuery connector, sometimes working

Hi all,

so I connected PowerBI Desktop and BigQuery using the BigQuery connector, using a service account, this worked all fine, but today somehow it cannot connect anymore. I always get the error:
"We couldn't authenticate with the credentials provided. Please try again."

Then some hours later it starts to work again with the exact same approach, pasting the the service account email into mail and the contents of the json key file into the other field...
Did anyone encounter similar or the same behaviour? 

If so could you manage to somehow resolve it, that this does not happen again?

Does someone know why this is happening and if / where I could raise this issue?

Best regards.

2 REPLIES 2
C_lad

@amitchandak thanks for the reply, I already tried to clear the credentials while it was not working and even entering the correct credentials led to the same error... 
Then after some time it just started to work again without changing anything, which is really strange...

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@C_lad , I doubt

One is the query/data limit for the credential used

The second is ip access issue.

You can try clear permissions (Home -> Transform Data -> Date Source Setting), Provide credential  again and try 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.