Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

nb204038

Conditional formating

Good day

Please assist  i am battling to get this right tried googling and using various resources to get it to work, i want to solve conditional formating on a PBI table using up (green) and down(red) arrows to indicate an increase or positive outcome or down (red) the opposite decrease/bad outcome comparing current and previous period whereas there is no significant % change is an amber arrow.

i.e. every variable works accordingly however within these variable only price is the inverse of the above, meaning where up (green) arrow should be the opposite and be up (red) arrow as this will indicate a less favourable outcome or vice versa. Thus i need  to isolate Price on its own and apply this opposite conditional format, tried various dax formulas none seem to work.

nb204038_0-1681900347311.png

nb204038_1-1681900557897.png

Thanks

Regards

3 REPLIES 3
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @nb204038 

According to your description, do you want to set different Conditional formatting for different fields? In Power BI, the Conditional formatting for each field is calculated separately, and you can configure different Conditional formatting for different fields.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1682042745982.png

If this method does not meet your needs, you can provide us with your special sample data and the desired output sample data in the form of tables, so that we can better help you solve the problem. (You can also upload you sample .pbix [without sensitive data] to the OneDrive and share with the OneDrive link to me ! )

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

@v-yueyunzh-msft,

perhaps i am not understanding your proposed solution say in the example your have provided the first column/Type field where it is equal to 13 as an example instead of of red down arrow icon its reversed to a green down arrow and the green up icon is reversed to a red one how do you do that in this instance?

So in essence i don't want to change the icon direction but rather the color of Type 13 as an example.

PREVIEW

Hi,   @nb204038 

Thanks for your quick response! Sorry for i may misunderstand your need , in my thought , do you want to set the different conditional format for different fields?  In Power BI Desktop , we can set conditional format  for each fields and it also has a red up or down icon and green up or down icon. 

vyueyunzhmsft_6-1682300098939.png

And in your screenshot i can see that you have set the conditional format in your logic and it shows correctly and if you want to special field show another conditional format , you can set it individually .
So for the "So in essence i don't want to change the icon direction but rather the color of Type 13 as an example." ,  can you try to just update the icon when it return ? Or maybe I still don't have a clear understanding of your needs, If this can you show me some sample data and your end result icon you want return to me so that i can help you better~

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.