Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Comparison of the same dataset in different time periods

Hello everyone

I turn to the community after having exhausted absolutely all the possibilities that abound on the internet and forums. It is the first time I write, I hope I can be as clear as possible so that they can give me a hand.

I have several boards automatically updated with an import from MySQL (NO DIRECT), by doing it from an import when the board is updated, as you know, the information would be a "photo of the moment of the update with certain data".

What I want to achieve, is using the same import and the same query, to know the difference of records that there is between one update and another, for example:

TomMisaki10_0-1661454196964.png

This Dataset is updated every day at 20:00hs.

If I would like tomorrow at that same time (when the dashboard is updated) to inform me of the difference between one update and the other, like this:

TomMisaki10_1-1661454817009.png

I literally can't think of anywhere to start, I leave my dream to you.

Of course, thank you very much!

2 REPLIES 2
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

Create power bi Metrics first
You can try using power bi in combination with power automate to monitor changes in the values of power bi Metrics. If it changes, you will be notified by email or other means.

For more details, you can refer this link.

https://rishonapowerplatform.com/2021/12/18/power-bi-goal-triggers-for-your-flows-when-status-of-a-g... 

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

davehus
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @Syndicate_Admin ,

If it is a daily update, can you not just calculate the previous days sales in isolation to get the information you need?

Did I help you today? Please accept my solution and hit the Kudos button.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.