Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Tomas1

Combine field parameters for content and translation

Hello, 

can you please help me with field parameters issue? I have a report with matrix.

• I can use field parameters to select with slicer, what I will see in matrix rows (e.g. ProductName, WarehouseName).  This works.
  • I can use field parameters to select with slicer, what language of product names will be displayed. This works.
  • What does not work for me: I want to combine both. I want to choose in slicer A a matrix content (e.g. ProductName) and then with slicer B the language a of displayed ProductName. I tried to use a previous parameter field as an input for another parameter but this does not work. What am I doing wrong?

I am including a sample test .PBIX file so you can test yourself

Can you please help how to choose in one slicer the matrixt content and in another slicer the language of product name? Thank you a million times!

par-model.PNGpar01.PNGpar02.PNG

par03b.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
BigDaddyLinda
Frequent Visitor

I am also having this problem. Does anyone have any solution yet?

Danastasova

Do you have any workaround? I also need to use Translated Field Parameter in a slicer, but instead of values from the specific column it gives me only the name of the column.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Hello, thank you for your reponse. Although helpful, this does not resolve my issue described in my post.  I am trying to combine two field parameters - one for matrix content, another for translation of product names.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.