Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

zgibbs

Clustered Column Chart - Compare Sliced Data to Static Market data

I have a table with 3 columns: "Sales", "Market vs. Company", and "Division Name".

There are only two unique values in my "Market vs. Company" column. These values are "Market" and "Company". "Market" means that row of data came from survey information about the market and "Company" means that row of data is my company specific information.

My "Division Name" column breaks down any row containing "Company" in the "Market vs. Company" column into sub-categories. For example, if column "Market vs. Company" shows "Company", then "Division Name" may show "Accounting". If column "Market vs. Company" shows "Market", then it's survey data, so for "Division Name" we just show "Market" again.

I want to create a clustered chart that shows how Company sales compare to the Market. To do this, I created the visual and added "Sales" and my "Market vs. Company" column. I want to give users the option to slice the visual by "Division Name" if they'd like. This means that "Market" columns on the chart never change so that specific Divisions can be compared to the market. How can I do this?

1 REPLY 1
foodd
Super User
Super User

Please provide your work-in-progress Power BI Desktop file (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

This allows members of the Forum to assess the state of the model, report layer, relationships, and any DAX applied.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.