Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Angie-d
Regular Visitor

Chart showing single category as a percentage of total per year

Hi team

I have some (what now appears to be basic) knowledge of Power BI and I'm hoping you can help me figure this one out. I work in recruitment and I am currently working on an analysis on how different sourcing channels have performed in 2022, 2023 and 2024 (YTD). For example I need to compare how many roles were filled by referrals in 2022, 2023 and 2024 (YTD). In order for this to be statistically significant, I need to show what percentage of all filled roles per year were filled with referrals. I also don't want all the sourcing channels in the chart, just the referrals (or referrals, internal candidates and LinkedIn, but not agency, job board etc).

1. How do I show the number of roles filled using a sourcing channel as a percentage of all roles filled per year?

2. How do I only show some sourcing channels in the chart without the total number of roles being affected by the filter? In excel I would use paste values so the filter does not change the values. 

Sorry this seems so complicated and I'm honestly just wondering if I should just do it in Excel, but there MUST be a way in Power BI, SURELY???

Thanks so much!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Angie-d
Regular Visitor

Hi @amitchandak, thank you so much! Its a nice sinple solution to something that i was completely overthinking! Sometimes you just need someone to give you a bit of perspective. Thanks a million!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Angie-d
Regular Visitor

Hi @amitchandak, thank you so much! Its a nice sinple solution to something that i was completely overthinking! Sometimes you just need someone to give you a bit of perspective. Thanks a million!

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Angie-d , try to measure like

Roles Per Year =
CALCULATE(
COUNTROWS('RecruitmentData'),
ALLEXCEPT('RecruitmentData', 'RecruitmentData'[Year])
)

Roles by Referrals =
CALCULATE(
COUNTROWS('RecruitmentData'),
'RecruitmentData'[SourcingChannel] = "Referrals"
)

Percentage by Referrals =
DIVIDE(
[Roles by Referrals],
[Roles Per Year]
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.