Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing values above 1 to 0

Hi there! 

I have a table with one column where all values should be 1 or less than 1. However, there are quite a lot of values above that and I was wondering if there was a way I could change this easily.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ahmedoye
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You can change this in Power Query using the suggestion below: If it works for you, kindly mark this as solution so anyone with similar issues can easily find it.

Step 1: Rightclick on the column in Power Query and Select Replace Values
Step 2: In the replace values dialog box, replace 1 with 0. You will have something like the below
           Table.ReplaceValue(#"Changed Type",1,0,Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Item"})
Step 3: From the above code, go into the PowerQuery formula bar and replace the 1 with the below
            (each if [Item] >1 then [Item] else 0). Then you will have something like the below:
Table.ReplaceValue(#"Changed Type",(each if [Item] >1 then [Item] else 0) ,0,Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Item"})

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ahmedoye
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

You can change this in Power Query using the suggestion below: If it works for you, kindly mark this as solution so anyone with similar issues can easily find it.

Step 1: Rightclick on the column in Power Query and Select Replace Values
Step 2: In the replace values dialog box, replace 1 with 0. You will have something like the below
           Table.ReplaceValue(#"Changed Type",1,0,Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Item"})
Step 3: From the above code, go into the PowerQuery formula bar and replace the 1 with the below
            (each if [Item] >1 then [Item] else 0). Then you will have something like the below:
Table.ReplaceValue(#"Changed Type",(each if [Item] >1 then [Item] else 0) ,0,Replacer.ReplaceValue,{"Item"})

Anonymous
Not applicable

That worked, thank you so much!

vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

you chould change the values to an if statement.

can you provide more information such as what does your table look like, what is the rule one needs to apply?  ie how yo you know which value to convert it to.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.