Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

msfer
Helper I
Helper I

Change the bullet point colours in a text box

Hi there 

Does anyone know how to change the colour of the bullet points in a text box?

I have a dark background on a report. The default for bullet points are black and I can't figure out how to change the colour of them. 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @msfer ,

I wish I could also change the bullet point color straight from Power BI but it is currently not supported. What I would do is do the bulleting in word and paste it to the textbox in Power BI. You may also submit this as an idea at
https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ 

danextian_1-1712552054326.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @msfer ,

in additon to what @danextian was suggesting you can change the color of text in the settings of the current theme, but you have to be aware that this will change the text color for all text elements. I'm not that much a theming expert that I know if it is possible to only change the text color for text boxes.

Enter custom theming

image.png

Change the text color:

image.png

As you can see the red text color is applied to the bullet points in the text box even if the text color of the text was changed to a custom color..

Maybe this provides an additional idea of how to tackle this challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thanks @TomMartens 

Will definitely keep this in mind. Yeah it changes the default colour for everything in text boxes. Bit of a pain to go through all of them and readjust. But it does work. Thank you!

danextian
Super User
Super User

Hi @msfer ,

I wish I could also change the bullet point color straight from Power BI but it is currently not supported. What I would do is do the bulleting in word and paste it to the textbox in Power BI. You may also submit this as an idea at
https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ 

danextian_1-1712552054326.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

"Tell me and I’ll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I’ll understand."
Need Power BI consultation, get in touch with me on LinkedIn or hire me on UpWork.
Learn with me on YouTube @DAXJutsu or follow my page on Facebook @DAXJutsuPBI.

@danextian Thank you so much!! That worked!

So much finiky work to get formatting done. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.