Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JosCrdn
Advocate II
Advocate II

Change order of pages in drill-though options

Hello, 

I need to change the order of the pages in drill-though options.
I saw that here that this is possible by recreating the pages, but this is not a good solution in my opinion.
Is there already a good solution / new way to do this?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @JosCrdn 

Why you duplicated page 2 and deleted the original?

I think if you want the order 1,4,2 and 3, then you need exclude the drill in all pages and set again in the sequence 1,4,2,3.

Does it make sense?

Regards,
Marcel Magalhães
Microsoft Power BI Official Partner
MCT | Certified PL-300 Power BI

If I've helped, don't forget to mark my post as a solution!
Imagem de fundo

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JosCrdn
Advocate II
Advocate II

I tried what you said, I have page 1 to 4, in order to move page 2 and 3 to the end, removed drill-through fields from pages  2 and 3, duplicated page 2, deleted first page 2, added drill-through fields again to new page 2 and 3, but now the order is page  1, 3, 4, 2. Page 3 didn't move to the end, did I do it right?

Thanks

Hi @JosCrdn 

Why you duplicated page 2 and deleted the original?

I think if you want the order 1,4,2 and 3, then you need exclude the drill in all pages and set again in the sequence 1,4,2,3.

Does it make sense?

Regards,
Marcel Magalhães

Imagem de fundo

Hi @marcelsmaglhaes ,
duplicated page 2 and deleted the original because in my Power BI Report if I removed all drill-through fields and put them back again in the order I want, the order in the drill-trough options stays the same, it doesn't do anything.

That's weird! What is your Desktop version? 

My version is December23 and if one deletes the drill and sets it again in another order, it will be respected...

Regards,
Marcel Magalhães

Imagem de fundo

I just made a test like you and indeed it works in a small dashboard.
But in the real world dashboard that I was referring to when I made this post it doesn't work, I just cleaned all the drill-through, moved a page and re-set it again, but the initial order mantained, I'm not sure why but it seems this technique doesn't work for big dashbaords with a lot of logic already developed. But it worked to duplicate and delete the previous pages...

Either way I will mark your solution as it might work for other cases.

Thanks.

marcelsmaglhaes
Super User
Super User

Hi @JosCrdn ,

I think the order that set the drill through pages can be responsbile for the order that shows up on the menu.

I created 4 pages and set them in order 1 to 4, and in my menu they appear in that order (page 1 to page 4).

After that I deleted the page 2, deleted the drill of page 3 and create page 5 and 6. Then, first I seted the page 6, after page 5, and last I set page 3. Then my menu order was Page 4, Page 6, Page 5 and Page 3. 

Try this trick and let me know if solves your question.

marcelsmaglhaes_0-1704828222454.png

Regards,
Marcel Magalhães

Imagem de fundo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.