Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

pantherfanrh
Frequent Visitor

Change name of slicer variables

What's the easiest way to rename the variables in a slicer? For instance, I have several values in my slicer called EQUIPMENT_TYPE, with values 1,2,3,4,5 etc. where 1 stands for a stapler, 2 for scizzors, 3 for a pc, and so on. When I set up the slicer, the slicer shows the values as 1,2,3,4,5 etc, and I'd like it to show stapler, scizzors, pc, and so on. How would I do this? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

is that data anywhere in your model?  id probably add a custom calculated column in power query in the table where your id no is

if EQUIPMENT_TYPE= 1 then "value 1"

else if EQUIPMENT_TYPE= 2 then "value 2"

etc

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

is that data anywhere in your model?  id probably add a custom calculated column in power query in the table where your id no is

if EQUIPMENT_TYPE= 1 then "value 1"

else if EQUIPMENT_TYPE= 2 then "value 2"

etc

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Alright sounds good. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.