Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

duncanh
Helper I
Helper I

Change color of line with changing bar colors in 'Line and stacked column chart'

Hi, I need to change the line colors on the graph below. However, since I'm using year as the legend, when I change the line color, it is also changing the bar color as well. Any way to get the line as all one color while leaving the bar colors alone?

duncanh_0-1665067563874.png

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@duncanh , In power bi standard clustered line visual line color does not change as you have shown.

Only the bar color can be changed, that too when you use two axes not legend - refer Concatenate Label off : https://youtu.be/QgI0vIGIOOk

BITomS
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @duncanh,

It would be good to get more detail about the model structure / visual configuration that sits behind this, but I suspect this is happening because you are using the same date (hierarchy) field for both the x-axis and the column legend?

In your date table, if you do not already have a 'year' column as well as 'date', you should create a column that just contains the year. Then use the date (hierarchy) field for the x-axis and use the newly created year field for the legend.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.