Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Jellbrae
Frequent Visitor

Change DirectQuery to AS datasource in composite model

AS IS:

I created a Composite model based on a direct Query to AS semantic model in workspace A combined with some Excel files on a Sharepoint folder. 

Jellbrae_0-1705481344535.png

Situation: The semantic model in workspace A has been moved to workspace B. 
I found a solution here: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Changing-dataset-source-in-composite-model-without... but can't seem to make it work.

I use Tabular Editor v2.21.1 and when I'm following the steps from the link posted before and change this part in the Source to the new workspace:

Jellbrae_1-1705481469999.png

changed to the new workspace: 

Jellbrae_2-1705481524521.png

But when I save and apply changes it immediately resets to the old workspace. 
What am I missing? 

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jellbrae ,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your problem. Base on your description, it seems like you have encountered an issue where changes made in Tabular Editor are not being retained, and it reverts to the original workspace settings. Please try the following steps and check if they can resolve the problem. Before do that, please backup your pbix file and any related files.

• Verify Tabular Editor Version: Ensure you are using the latest version of Tabular Editor. If you are not, consider updating to the latest version, as it may contain bug fixes or enhancements that could resolve your issue.
  • Check for Saved Settings: Tabular Editor may have settings or configurations that are causing it to revert to the old workspace. Look for any configuration files or settings within Tabular Editor and check if there's an option to clear cached settings or workspaces.
  • Ensure Proper Save and Apply: After making changes in Tabular Editor, ensure that you are properly saving and applying the changes. Sometimes, missing a save step can cause changes to be lost.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.