Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

F_Rehman2007

Certain Data Missing from Excel Source

Hello,

I am working on a Power BI Dashboard where a single table Excel spreadsheet is the source of the data. This underlying spreadsheet has a list of subjects with various columns related to details for each subject.

All Subjects appear on the 'Slicer Attribute' which I have placed on the dashboard. For most of the subjects when I select them individually, their data does comes through from the underlying Excel spreadsheet and populates onto the relevant visualisations (Gauge and Card objects).

However, for a few subjects these same visualisations go Blank and no data is displayed despite that the data for these subjects DOES exist in the underlying Excel spreadsheet. There is no visible filter on these problematic subjects.

Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @F_Rehman2007,

Are these data imported into Power BI? Can you see them in the data tab? Though they don't show up in the visuals, that may not relate to the data source.

Certain_Data_Missing_from_Excel_Source

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The row count in the Data Tab (Power BI) = the row count in the Table in the Excel Source.

As I said I am working on a single page, but the Report itself contains several pages. When I look at the Relationships section, the Tables in the other pages are linked to the single Table being used in the page I am working on. So I don't know if they are somehow impacting the Table in my page.

Hi @F_Rehman2007,

Can you share the file or a dummy one?

The other tables (pages) could impact the result if you involve them in the visuals, filters or slicers. But we can't find out more without data.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.