Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SandiLeo

Cannot import or refresh a Dataverse table

Hi! I am trying to import a table from Dataverse into PowerBI desktop, starting by downloading the pbids file from Power Apps list of tables and then selecting the required table. We connect PowerBI to Dataverse using the standard Common Data Service, OAuth2, organisation account.

When we try to import the table in PowerBI Desktop (64bits, latest version) or try to refresh this table in another report, we get an error similar to the below:

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] Microsoft SQL: An error occurred while sending the request.
RequestId: TDS;07d48977-2193-46a5-b97f-74949f4ce3e9;2
Time: 2023-05-02T09:41:54.0818743Z.

When I open Event Viewer on my laptop and find this error, the more detailed message is as below:

The description for Event ID 3 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace_e6af08a3-33a7-4dd1-b6bc-1dc515f7fa14 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] Microsoft SQL: An error occurred while sending the request.
RequestId: TDS;07d48977-2193-46a5-b97f-74949f4ce3e9;2
Time: 2023-05-02T09:41:54.0818743Z.

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

I I have Premium Per User Power BI licence and the correct permissions in Dataverse.

The table in this case is Contacts - around 20K rows and around 500 columns. I read through the Learn materials about limitations and not sure why this table is only very rarely successfully imported or refreshed. The report size once the table is imported is around 8Mb.

Can you help / have a solution for this? - much appreciated!

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SandiLeo

I managed to fix this - I think that it is a time-out / capacity issue, by changing the Query for the Contacts table. Initially the query would retrieve the table then remove some unused columns. I have made a change so the query only retrieves the columns needed for the report and removes All Other Columns.

This seemed to make a difference, with data refreshing now correctly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SandiLeo

I managed to fix this - I think that it is a time-out / capacity issue, by changing the Query for the Contacts table. Initially the query would retrieve the table then remove some unused columns. I have made a change so the query only retrieves the columns needed for the report and removes All Other Columns.

This seemed to make a difference, with data refreshing now correctly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.