Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can users download the raw data set if I share the dashboards?

I am looking to share raw data with users when they view the dashboard. This means that they should be able to download the raw data if they want.

Is it possible to do that when I publish the data?

Thanks!

Ashley

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'd like to provide more details about the solution.

When you share the dashboard, there 3 option as below:

003.PNG

if user has the access to underlying data, that means he can use the "View related"to get the dataset, 

005.PNG

If the option "Export to excel" is allowed which indicated in my previous post, user is able to download the raw data in the dataset:

006.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'd like to provide more details about the solution.

When you share the dashboard, there 3 option as below:

003.PNG

if user has the access to underlying data, that means he can use the "View related"to get the dataset, 

005.PNG

If the option "Export to excel" is allowed which indicated in my previous post, user is able to download the raw data in the dataset:

006.PNG

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you want other users to download your row data, you can turn on the “Export data” function in Admin portal . See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-visualization-export-data

9.PNG

quickly.
Cmcmahan
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

If you are sharing it within the Power BI Service and have a Pro license for all involved users, or the report is in a Premium licensed capacity, then yes, absolutely!

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#export-underlyi...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.